Northwestern University, Evanston, IL 2017
PhD in Religious Studies, Specializing in American Religious History and Media/Popular Culture; Rhetoric and Public Culture Cluster
Miami University, Oxford, OH 2011
Master’s of Arts in Comparative Religion; Thesis: “Shalom, God Bless, and Please Exit To Your Right”: A Cultural Ethnography of the Holy Land Experience Theme Park
Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL 2009
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Religion, Summa Cum Laude; Honors Thesis: Stewart and Colbert: Exposing Religious Incongruity in America; Bachelor of Arts Degree in Communication Studies, Summa Cum Laude; Minor Degrees in Iberian Studies and American Studies
Assistant Director for Academic and Strategic Initiatives 2018 – present
- Collect insights across various constituents, organize data, and develop strategic plan for The Graduate School.
- Implement strategic priorities with seven-year plan and goals.
- Manage various strategic plan implementation projects including convening councils, developing school-wide initiatives, and producing content for communication collateral.
- Produce regular communication and presentation content for the Dean to convey to University leaders, Provost, and President.
- Collaborate on curricular and academic projects, including protocols and policies for transfer students, student progress, graduate faculty, and progress reviews.
- Develop strategic plan for assessment across graduate programs.
- Implement and coordinate student pre-dissertation research program with faculty and administrators.
- Assemble and craft documents for The Graduate School for the University’s decennial Program Review process.
Program Coordinator for Academic Affairs, The Graduate School 2017 – 2018
Academic Affairs Graduate Assistant, The Graduate School 2016 – 2017
Associate Chair, Hobart Residential College for Women 2019 – present
Fellow, Hobart Residential College for Women 2015-2019
Research Assistant to Robert Orsi 2013 – 2017
Graduate Mentor, Brady Center for Ethics and Civic Life 2012 – 2015
Awards and Honors
The Graduate School Dean’s Award for Engagement 2015
The Dean awards one honoree in this area who has surpassed others that year in helping build networks that strengthen collaboration within the graduate and postdoctoral communities.
Graduate School Thesis Award November 2010
Florida State University
Recipient of Department of Religion Academic Excellence Award 2009
Recipient of Outstanding Communication Studies Student Award 2009
Florida State University Outstanding Senior Scholar Recipient 2009
Honors Program 2005-2009
American Academy of Religion
American Catholic Historical Association
American Society of Church History
International Society for Media, Religion and Culture
Popular Culture and American Culture Associations
Theta Alpha Kappa, Religious Studies Honor Society