Northwestern University, Evanston, IL 2017
PhD in Religious Studies
Specializing in American Religious History and Media/Popular Culture
Rhetoric and Public Culture Cluster
Miami University, Oxford, OH 2011
Master’s of Arts in Comparative Religion
Thesis: “Shalom, God Bless, and Please Exit To Your Right”: A Cultural
Ethnography of the Holy Land Experience Theme Park
Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL 2009
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Religion, Summa Cum Laude
Honors Thesis: Stewart and Colbert: Exposing Religious Incongruity in America
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Communication Studies, Summa Cum Laude
Minor Degrees in Iberian Studies and American Studies
Program Coordinator for Academic Affairs, The Graduate School 2017 – present
- Collaborate on curricular and academic projects, including protocols and policies for transfer students, student progress, graduate faculty, and progress reviews.
- Organizing quarterly meetings for over 80 Directors of Graduate Study.
- Annually Facilitate progress reviews for 40 doctoral and masters’ programs and distill key insights for implementation
- Develop strategic plan for assessment across graduate programs.
- Implement and coordinate student pre-dissertation research program with faculty and administrators.
Fellow, Hobart Residential College for Women, Graduate Fellow 2015 – present
Academic Affairs Graduate Assistant, The Graduate School 2016 – 2017
Research Assistant to Robert Orsi 2013 – 2017
Graduate Mentor, Brady Center for Ethics and Civic Life 2012 – 2015
Awards and Honors
The Graduate School Dean’s Award for Engagement 2015
The Dean awards one honoree in this area who has surpassed others that year in helping build networks that strengthen collaboration within the graduate and postdoctoral communities.
The Graduate School Conference Travel Award August 2014
Graduate School Thesis Award November 2010
Graduate Student Association Travel Award February 2010
Department of Comparative Religion Travel Award February 2010
Florida State University
Recipient of Department of Religion Academic Excellence Award 2009
Recipient of Outstanding Communication Studies Student Award 2009
Florida State University Outstanding Senior Scholar Recipient 2009
Honors Program 2005-2009
American Academy of Religion
American Catholic Historical Association
American Society of Church History
International Society for Media, Religion and Culture
Popular Culture and American Culture Associations
Theta Alpha Kappa, Religious Studies Honor Society